- LAMBERT AUDIO
- Monitor Audio
- MUSICAL FIDELITY
- NAD...Find it cheaper, and we will better the price!
- Q ACOUSTICS...Find it cheaper, and we will better the price!
- REGA...Find it cheaper, and we will better the price!
- SOUL TO SOLE AUDIO
PROJECT CORK MAT
There has always been a big debate about how mats influence the sound of records. The interaction between the record and the surface can be tracked very easily by the super-sensitivity of a good pick up cartridge.
The standard felt mat ensures smooth contact between the record and platter but has the disadvantage of static. That means that felt mats often collect a lot of dust which can then be transferred to the record. Also, the damping ability is very limited, which can be a problem with metal platters. Thick rubber mats over-damp the record and have an isolation effect, which leaves the static on the record and creates noisy clicks.
Leather and Cork are two different but very interesting options to upgrade your sound quality. Resonances are damped more effectively than felt and static is reduced, meaning less dust interference.
What is better depends on taste and the actual platter design. A Cork Mat is a very cost-effective way to enhance the sound quality of playing your vinyl.
• Alternative platter mats with special sound characteristics
• Substitutes felt mats
• Damping of resonances from metal turntable platters
• Less noise
• Avoids static load
• Suitable for all turntables
• Perfect combined with Clamp It